Friday, September 9, 2011

Damn I am to lazy to blog. It has been what? 2 years since my last post?

I hate blogging. I think it is completely lame. But I enjoy other people's blogs. So where does that put me? I am not really sure, here is my attempt at blogging.

First thing is this will be a mostly Halloween blog. I will also show other things I am interested in like bicycles, cars, motorcycles, and the such.

Here is a little history about me and Halloween. As far back as i can remember I have always been fascinated with Halloween. I can remember in elementary school just waiting for the Halloween Carnival. I was so excited to do all the cool Halloween crafts and my all time favorite was the stickers. These were cool Halloween stickers. Not the boring crap the have today. I loved trick or treating so much that the last time I went I was 24 years old. At that point I decided I was getting a bit old and I would start to do a yard haunt. It started out kind of cheesy. I but a bunch of foam sheets and made tombstones. Lots of bags of spider webs, strobe light, black light, cardboard coffin, you know the standards. At some point I decided to go to parties, punk rock shows. So I didn't do any real yard haunting. About 3 years ago i decided I wanted to start up again. So I bought a bunch of tomb stones. But I felt that wasn't enough. I have always wanted to make a corpse. One day I decided to do a search on the web to see if there was any tutorials out there. That is when I came across spookyblue.com . He has a fantastic tutorial on making groundbreaking corpses. From his page I came across pumpkinrot.com . After I saw his stuff it was on. I was amazed at what people were making. I completely fell in love with Halloween all over again. So here is some of my stuff.






2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the world of blogging!

    Your story about discovering yard haunting is great, and strangely similar to what happened to me. I stumbled upon SpookyBlue, which lead me to PumpkinRot. I became an obsessive reader of Rot's blog, and then an obsessive prop-maker and haunter. :)

    I LOVE your groundbreakers! The have an awesome skin texture, (and I know you get this a lot) and the teeth are incredible and spinetingling! Really, really top-notch work.

    I look forward to see what you have to say and show on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will try and have entries more regularly.

    ReplyDelete